Åland Post is closely following developments relating to the coronavirus pandemic and is adhering to the restrictions and recommendations developed by the authorities to reduce the risk of the spread of infection.
Recommendations for collecting and dropping off shipments
There are a few things you can do to collect and drop off shipments more safely:
- Use hand sanitiser when you visit us.
- Try to distance yourself from others when you come to collect a shipment from one of our post offices. If possible, come alone.
- Pack your packages properly at home before you visit us.
- Take care of any customs documents for your package before you visit us.
- Have your notification ready when you come to the counter. If you’ve received a notification via the notification page, retrieve the QR code at the bottom of the page – this will speed things up when it’s your turn.
- Try to avoid visiting us during our busiest times, from 11:00 to 13:00 and from 16:00 to 17:00.
- If you belong to a risk group, you can have someone else pick up your shipment. Just remember that a recorded letter requires a freely worded power of attorney.
New procedures for our drivers
To protect our customers and drivers, we’re no longer requiring signatures for the delivery of shipments.
Disruption to post and parcel handling
Due to the ongoing pandemic, post and parcel handling to destinations abroad is taking much longer than normal. It is currently not possible to send post to some countries. Keep up to date on the current situation for different recipient countries by checking country-specific information at Posti or restrictions to the postal service from Åland to abroad (swedish). If you have any questions about post to specific countries, you can contact our customer service team for more information.